Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quiz!

Beatrice, the queen of email chain letter quizzes, has expanded into other mediums and has this quiz up on her blog , so I am doing the same!

I AM
… thoroughly enjoying lazing around my tent today but since I am on the computer it can also be said that I am doing work.
I WANT… to leave Sudan with my sanity intact
I HAVE … nothing to lose by living my life the way I dream
I KEEP … thinking today is Sunday instead of Saturday. I have no idea why.
I WISH I COULD … fly
I HATE … malicious people. Does that then make me malicious? Shit.
I FEAR … ending up a bitter, overweight, middle aged aid worker with no family and no life except work. Have run into several and I really don't want to be like that.
I HEAR … voices in my head. Just kidding. Sort of. ;)
I DON’T THINK … one of my programs is going to work unless our donor steps up and realizes that in Juba, peer educators are not going to work forever without getting paid. It's the biggest frustration that we are not allowed to give community based organizations and peer educators the support they need.
I REGRET … nothing. As Beatrice said, life is too damn short.
I LOVE … Simba
I AM NOT … the kind of person who can sit back and take things as they come. I need to be proactive about everything. Some people may say that I have "control issues," but why split hairs :)
I DANCE … every chance I get! Last night was a particularly good session - we had a party at our site. Tunes were good, crowd was good, drinks were good, and there was a huge storm so we danced outside in the rain. Fantastic.
I SING … for myself, not for others. Think of the Harry Chapin song with the lyrics "For music was his life, it was not his livelihood, and it made him feel so happy, and it made him feel so good, and he sang from his heart, and he sang from his soul; he did not know how well he sang, it just made him whole."
I NEVER …again want to go 7 months without seeing my family. That is too long for me.
I RARELY … watch movies nowadays. Don't know why, but the idea of sitting in bed, watching movies on my laptop is for some reason unappealing.
I CRY WHEN I WATCH … the movie Beaches. It's lame, but I don't care. When I was 12 or so I watched that move over and over again and cried every time. I also cry when I watch shows about weddings, like the one on TLC called "Wedding Story."
I AM NOT ALWAYS … sure of myself. Self doubt creeps in and takes ahold sometimes.
I HATE THAT … I am in Sudan and don't have my finger on the pulse of what is really going on with the US Presidential election and I feel like I have no control over any of it.
I’M CONFUSED ABOUT … how on earth people believe they have the right to determine how other people live their life - who they marry, whether to have children, etc. It completely baffles me. There is so much wrong with the world, why do you need to be so concerned with what other people do in the privacy of their own home that is not hurting you and does not really affect you in any way? Sigh.
I NEED … lots and lots of hugs on a regular basis. Really just any kind of physical human contact.
I SHOULD … treat myself more kindly and not beat myself up for not being perfect. Although I do come pretty damn close! j/k

No comments: